Meet Our Regional Leaders: Rick Gamache
What local church do you pastor?
I am a pastor of Sovereign Grace Church in Bloomington, Minnesota.
How long have you been a pastor?
Fourteen years this March.
How long have you been a part of Sovereign Grace?
Our church was adopted in April 2003.
Which churches are in your region?
- Covenant Life Fellowship in Roseburg, Oregon (David York, Bill Heard, and Mike Keller)
- Providence Community Church in Lenexa, Kansas (Chris Oswald and Dave Quilla)
- Emmaus Road Church in Sioux Falls, South Dakota (Greg Dirnberger and Ryan Chase)
- The Chapel in Indianapolis, Indiana (Randy Worland, David Agler, and Chip Woods)
- Cross of Grace Church in Chaska, Minnesota (Scott Crook, Nate Treguboff, and Andrew Schmidt)
- Sovereign Grace Church in Bloomington, Minnesota (Rick Gamache and Jon Hansel)
What is your vision for your region?
Well, it's a vast region, so there's plenty of room for vision. There are 16 (what most consider flyover) states in the region. Only five have a Sovereign Grace church. I pray almost every day that we will have a church in every state in the next 15 years. Larger cities like Chicago and Milwaukee are direct targets of my regular prayers and dreams (as well as that bustling metropolis of Fargo, North Dakota). Seriously, the guys in our region just want to see the gospel advance through church planting for the good of God's sheep (some who aren't yet part of the fold) and for the glory of Christ.
What are the pastors in your region excited about?
We are excited to have such a significant and intentional partnership around shared theology and values, guided and protected by a wise polity, driven by gospel-centered friendships, all in order to fulfill our God-given mission to make disciples. It's a joy to do this together.
More in Sovereign Grace Blog
June 18, 201810 Reasons to Lead Your Family Through "Listen Up"
June 12, 20182018 Pastors College Graduation
April 13, 2018Throughout the World